Start Date: December 2022
Bar Cassius is a new restaurant concept built on the foundation of Tea, Spirits, and Fine Foods. Elevated as individual components, combined to create compelling cocktails, and paired with exceptional foods, Tea and Spirits set the stage for a dining experience that leads each guest on a path of discovery towards something unexpected and new. Bar Cassius is a part of the Commons Company family of ventures where we belong to and nourish our communities through inspiring concepts, thoughtful hospitality, and meaningful employment.
Who you are
The Front of House Manager is responsible for managing and scheduling the front-of-house team, greeting guests, and coordinating logistical details of all reservations and events to ensure the highest possible standards of service. They must maintain the restaurant's overall atmosphere and have an impeccable demeanor and logistical/organizational acumen. They are outgoing, personable, and exude a passion for tea, spirits, and fine foods.
What you’ll do
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement business strategies for the restaurant that are aligned with its core values and strategies
- Ensure that all guests are treated respectfully and accommodated according to their needs
- Develop Events Programming Guidelines and coordinate all aspects of public and private events
- Make, adjust, and cancel customer reservations
- Hire and manage front-of-house service staff, and work with the Executive Chef and Beverage Director to create a training program, ensuring consistent delivery of products and professional services within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
- Oversee and hold the front-of-house team accountable for effective daily operating procedures in all areas of the restaurant
- Set an example of a positive, collaborative work environment, ensuring clear communication at all times
- Foster learning environments that are safe, welcoming, inclusive, and equally supportive of all identities and learning styles
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacements to fill gaps
- Monitor the condition of the facility to ensure that it is clean, safe, and comfortable for guests
- Complete administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation, and service levels.
- 4+ years working in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- 2+ years in Restaurant Management
- 1+ years in Events Coordination/Management
- Must be thorough, conscientious, well organized, and have excellent follow-through on delegated tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports, and to speak effectively to management, guests, and employees.
- Ability to stand, walk, and use stairs for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proficiency with Google Drive, email, and operations-related software
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave/FMLA
- Employee assistance program to support mental well being
- Discounts at all Commons Companies
- Personal development opportunities
Apply at commonscompany.com/jobs
Note: Bar Cassius is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our city. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and the LGBTQ community. The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position.